Pastors & Mission Contacts:
We are doing the Kits and Cans for Conference a little differently this year since Annual Conference is Virtual. We are supporting the mission of our local ministries. The Board of Missions is working on a district wide effort to collect non-perishable foods, diapers and personal items.
There are multiple ways for your church to participate. You can collect items and drop them off at collection sites around the district; You can collect and use them in your own food pantry (we ask that you estimate the amount for our tracking); you can volunteer to help at one of the 4 district collection points on Saturday June 19; or you can host one of the collection sites.
Please click the link below to sign your church up for this ministry event!
RAPPAHANNOCK RIVER DISTRICT SPECIFIC INFORMATION
Virginia Annual Conference Mission
This year, during 2021 Annual Conference, we will collect Cans and Kits, which local churches are asked to collect prior to the conference, to be dropped off at the district site on June 19. A collaborative team of Conference Kits and Cans4Conference made this possible, as the collected goods will benefit local ministries.
What will Rappahannock River District churches collect?
• Local churches in the Rappahannock River District (RRD) will collect Canned Food, Box Cereal, Laundry Soap, Diapers, Wipes and Personal Care items. RRD has over 30 churches in ministry to provide these items to the community. These churches will collect and/or receive these items or items most needed locally. Any assembled Kits can either be used locally or sent to the District drop-off locations.
When do we collect these items?
• Local churches are starting to gather now in the weeks before the Annual Conference June 18-19th. On June 19th, following the commissioning to mission service, United in Mission and Ministry worship, we encourage one representative from each congregation to bring the collected items and drop it off at one of the district collection sites..
Where are the Rappahannock River District Collection Sites
North - Trinity UMC, 9280 Old Dumfries Rd, Catlett, VA 20119; Collection on June 19th 2:00 – 4:00 PM and by Appointment.
East - To be determined
Central - Fredericksburg UMC, 308 Hanover Street, Fredericksburg, VA 22401; Collection on June 19th, 2:00 - 4:00 PM in the Charlotte Street Parking lot circle.
South - McKendree UMC, 4347 Manfield Road, Manquin, VA 23106; Collection by appointment;
→ ACTION -- Tell us how YOUR Church will be participating!
• For planning purposes we would like to know how each local church will be supporting the Annual Conference 2021 Mission Project. Pastors/Mission Leads take a short survey, here. https://tinyurl.com/CANS4UMC. Thank you to those who have already responded.
→ACTION -- On June 19th Let us know how much you collected!
• Use this simple form to report what you did so we can tally and send to the Virginia Conference.
If you are collecting items as a local church for local ministries or you are a District drop off location please total collected items by pounds or by numbers of items.
Canned goods: 180 pounds or.240 items *
Laundry Soap: 19 bottles/bags/Boxes
Personal Care: 39 items
UMCOR Kits: 7 kits
* For canned goods, a 10x10x12 box may hold up to 30 pounds; where as a banana box may be as much as 50 pounds.
Questions or more information?
You are already here on the District “United as One” mission website. We have District specific materials here below. Or you can access more Conference level promotional materials, videos, bulletin inserts are available through www.vaumc.org/kits
Still need further information?
Contact our Rappahannock District Mission Coordinators:
Thank you for your support!